Delta Manor Education Centre
4750 57th Street
Delta BC V4K 3C9
Phone; 604 952-5374
Delta Film Production Academy Goals
- To explore and experience the creative and technical aspects of film-making.
- To learn the technical operation of a camera and begin to appreciate the artistic capability of this technology.
- To gain an understanding of the comprehensive nature of film making while taking a film through the pre-production, production and post-production stages of film making,
- To edit films using industry standard software.
- To appreciate and practice film industry etiquette.
- To gain appreciation for the local and international film industry.
- To recognize the value of and effectively use social networking as a means to distribute their films
Facts about the Program
- Designed for male and female students in Grades 8 – 12
- Students participate in two blocks of Film Production every other afternoon
- Designed to accommodate students from all Delta secondary schools on a part-time basis
- Industry related field trips and guest speakers
- Students receive 8 credits per year
- Bus transportation to Delta Manor Education Centre from both Delta Secondary and South Delta Secondary at lunch each academy day and back to both schools at the end of the day
- Bus transportation from Burnsview, Sands and Seaquam Secondary to Delta Manor starting in September 2013. There will be an additional $50/month charge for this.
Film Production Areas of Study
Technical – Garnet Campbell
- Basic camera operation
- Cinematic techniques
- Editing (Adobe Creative Suite)
Production – Sandra Almond
Creative – Richard Cox
- Script writing and structure
- Script Pitching
The Business – Jennifer Harbott
- Introduce students to the film and TV industry at large
- Field trips, guest speakers
- Provide students the opportunity to make connections in the film industry
Delta Film Academy uses the following software packages: