Delta Manor Education Centre
4750 57th Street
Delta BC V4K 3C9
Phone; 604 952-5374
Delta Film Production Academy Goals
- To explore and experience the creative and technical aspects of film-making.
- To learn the technical operation of a camera and begin to appreciate the artistic capability of this technology.
- To gain an understanding of the comprehensive nature of film making while taking a film through the pre-production, production and post-production stages of film making,
- To edit films using industry standard software.
- To appreciate and practice film industry etiquette.
- To gain appreciation for the local and international film industry.
- To recognize the value of and effectively use social networking as a means to distribute their films
Facts about the Program
- Designed for male and female students in Grades 8 – 12
- Students participate in two blocks of Film Production every other afternoon
- Designed to accommodate students from all Delta secondary schools on a part-time basis
- Industry related field trips and guest speakers
- Students receive 8 credits per year
- Families are responsible for getting their children to and from the Academy programs. The Delta School District is unable to provide transportation.
Film Production Areas of Study
Technical – Garnet Campbell
- Basic camera operation
- Cinematic techniques
- Editing (Adobe Creative Suite)
Production – Sandra Almond
Creative – Richard Cox
- Script writing and structure
- Script Pitching
The Business – Jennifer McKee
- Introduce students to the film and TV industry at large
- Field trips, guest speakers
- Provide students the opportunity to make connections in the film industry
Delta Film Academy uses the following software packages: